20 May 2012

Still Smiling!


Remember that 5k I mentioned a couple weeks ago? Remember how I said that I was doing it "Just to prove to myself that I can do it, and furthermore, enjoy it"? Well friends, I did it, and furthermore, I genuinely enjoyed it.


I was nervous right before it started. When I initially told you about this 5k, I also told you the story of the last 5k I had participated in, and how so very terrible I felt, physically and mentally, afterward. But there I was, anonymous, in a massive crowd of individuals and families, each with different goals, different paces, and surely different attitudes toward this endeavor, and I was doing it.


I didn't get the best time ever. In fact, it was my worst time for a 5k. But surprisingly it didn't bother me at all, because I felt great getting that worst time. I smiled the entire way. I was just happy to be there.


It was the best.

No comments: