27 May 2012

gardening




I really love gardening. I love the flowers and the butterflies and hummingbirds that come to the flowers. I love wandering around nurseries and the home depot garden department. I always find something else to buy (today it was more bird seeds, moss, creeping phlox, and rockcress). If it wasn't already so dark outside, I would be out there, moving the bushes and planting our new friends.

This year in our veggie garden we planted tomatoes, bell peppers, onions, basil, and lettuce, just like last year. But we decided to add to it butternut squash, strawberries and raspberries. The basil is just starting to show its face and the the lavender from last year smells just like relaxation. I'm still trying to figure out the best way to get grapes going too. We don't have a big yard but what we do have I am putting to use.


Do you have a garden going this year?
Flowers and veggies?
What do you love to plant?

No comments: