09 September 2011

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa

"...let us not be ashamed or slow to do the humble work."

~Mother Teresa

There are people in our lives who do amazing things. They travel the world, caring for the needy, fighting for the rights of those less fortunate.

Sometimes, I wonder, since I have not done those things, if my contribution to the world is of any worth.

But then I remind myself that I can and do make a contribution:

I can smile and be kind to the cashier at the grocery store.

I can make a dinner for the family in my neighborhood that just had a baby.

I can learn how to garden and make a space that emits beauty and peace (and be able to eat my own vegetables).

I can greet my husband after a long day of work with a sincere smile and kiss, letting him know what he means to me.

I can teach my daughter how to read and draw, to appreciate art and literature, and help her understand and feel the great worth that she has.

I can make a difference, even in this little corner of the earth that I live.



No comments: